add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to find a cheap first case. Help!!!

p0tatoed

60 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wDkVZL This is the build I've got. I don't know what to get for a case or motherboard. I want to use this for some low level gaming. I've got my heart pretty set on the CPU and GPU. I've looked into getting a gaming case but they seem to put all of the money in the looks and not the case. I don't think the appearance will matter at all.

I think I want like 3 USB ports, but I don't know. I don't have anything USB 3 compatible, and I don't really plan to, so that's not something I really care about. I plan on using Logitech's Unifying stuff for the mouse that I already have and the keyboard in the list, another port for that wifi adapter, and another as an extra for a USB storage or uploading music to my phone or something.

This is my first build and as such I don't know what I'm looking for. All help is welcome and encouraged! :-)

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Antec cases are real good for the price. 3yr warranty where most cases only carry a 1 or 2 year.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks! :-)

• 60 months ago
  • 0 points

I'm guessing you're trying to keep it under $700? If $730 is ok, this should work for you... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BTB8yc

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube