add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

how`s this for a first build? thoughts/improvements?

cyberfungi

61 months ago

This right here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YsqCqs is my first attempt at building a gaming desktop

This is my build because i want as much power as possible from for $1500 up to $1700 max, For my gaming rig, As this is my first build let me know how it looks.

I went with the 4770k because i love the look of the msi dragon and the 4690k said it may need a bios update, Is this the case? I dont have the money to risk the usb flash method i found on the internets somewhere And i dont have an extra cpu either.

Again i took the msi z87-GD65 because i love the look and have alwas loved dragons, is it a good choice? Or is there a same or lower price board with flatout better construction/ performance?

The corsair h100i for if it ever gets outdated or i ever get ambitious enough to overclock, arctic silver to get My low temps worth.

Team vulcan 2x8 because it was cheap and i read that its better to get two 8gb sticks in one batch as seperately Purchased cards may have problems.

256 crucial ssd because 256 sounds like a reasonable amount..

Segate barracuda 2tb because of space wonderful space (that seems reasonably priced)

MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card because i would like to sli another when i have the money.

Raidmax Viper GX ATX Mid Tower Case its green.. i love green... plus the one review i read said nothing about cooling problems

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply, guides i read said about double wattage Max is a good future proof, most i want to pay for the powersupply with the current prices.

Cheapest optical drive i wanted, cant be too cheap,

Lowest price windows 8.1

Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse and Razer Kraken Pro Headset purely visual preference.

Apologies on my overzealous use of because, its just how i speak,

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for the suggestions, i will probably use all of these parts however i have a few questions, after updating my build i got the memor operating voltage exceeds 1.5v+5%. Untill further notice im going to put on a 1.5v limit and add a g.skill

Also is there a good mechanical keyboard that comes with a good mouse? If not what about a good wired (batteries suck) possibly green mouse?

And purely out of my love for the color green is there any good cases or headphones that are green? I was hoping for a little bit of flashy, but if it sacrifices to much performance/practicality then i wont look into it too much.

Updated build:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dcg8yc

P.S.

Is it worth the hassle of buying every part from the cheapest vendor or is it better to go with one or two?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube