add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

'Modern' Motherboard with Serial (COM) Port

baseballfreak002
  • 65 months ago

As the title shows i'm looking for a 'modern' motherboard with a serial (COM) port already on the board. The CPU socket has to be a LGA1150 (Intel Core i5-4440). I would also like for the board to be an ATX. I have applied the filters for all theses things and still haven't been able to find a board that fits my needs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h81probtc

There are many others, so I suggest visiting newegg or amazon so you can see better pictures.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

[comment deleted]
  • 65 months ago
  • 1 point

something in beige?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Specialized machinery (e.g. EDM easily costing 100k and up) used in tool and die/machine shops/divisions of engineering.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

You can always get a pci card to output that. Com ports are rare on desktop boards these days, but they still sell them as add in cards

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

You can also use USB-to-serial adapters. Works fine IME with most things that only require data. Certain devices that needed to get power from the serial port don't work with it.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

A number of mobos still include serial port headers on the mobo. e.g. Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE. See page 16 of the mobo manual. Many of the GIGABYTE Z97 chipset mobos also include them as well. You will need to purchase a serial cable for Com port header on the mobo separately, from the mobo manufacturer or store such as newegg.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube