add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
chuckdickiner

61 months ago

i will add more hardware to this build later but this is a solid way to start with a 1500 budget. i already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and 2 - 500gig non-ssd hard drives and an optical drive. if there is anything else i should change let me know. also i was going for a black/red theme

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/chuckdickiner/saved/q8rwrH

Update--- everything is in and assembled. The two hard drives weren't 500 (I lied, sorry) but they are in the parts list. IT'S ALIVE! There are a few mods that I am going to do before posting pictures so I'll just have to keep yall waiting.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

And just when I look it goes back up

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

I see you got it :) Am placing my order today for a very similar build :D

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I did get it. I looked again later and it dropped back down. Thanks for the suggestion!

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 2 points

That ram isn't very good. I have had it before and they are not very reliable. Just get 1866 mhz

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Already purchased everything. Hopefully you just had a rare bad experience. It's a good brand so it should be alright.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ram is great so far. Performed amazingly under the stress tests. I keep it clocked at 1866mhz when my wife isn't doing any rendering.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

also the build total was 1517 when i posted and my psu just jumped up. under 1600 is still ok with me

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

lol I was just looking at that PSU price and then it was gone!!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

right!?! very sad about that jump

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

I have the OEM version of that PSU (Seasonic) and it is a great PSU. FWIW I believe that Corsair makes some red cables for that PSU if you want to add some Bling. Check their website.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

later on i plan on doing some custom sleaving/leds/and a full liquid cool system, but for now ill just use the included cables, fans, etc...

thank you for this info

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

NP. The build is solid BTW. Pay attention to how air moves thru the case with that H100 when you are configuring it.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

U may want to go with a gpu from nvidia if u plan to watercool casue most water block are made for nvidia gpus

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/chuckdickiner/saved/q8rwrH

so i changed the mobo and psu (in this case it will be hidden so the previous conveniently red psu color is irrelevant) and now it sits at exactly 1500.

did research on high end mobos and because i wont be doing crazy overclocking or adding more than 32gb ram/or more than 2 way sli i wont be gaining anything.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

wait what is this build for casue sli would help u with gaming if that is what this build is for/ If its for editing better cpu and more ram is what u want and the 970

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

mostly gaming but my wife does some graphic design

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/chuckdickiner/saved/jVtkcf

this is what i will be adding at a later date along with a liquid cooling system for the gpus, another rad, pump, and reservoir.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

That monitor or one of the curved ones are on my 2015 upgrade list.... w/ G-Sync Please. Nice

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

May go curved. By the time I am able to get it there will hopefully be a 4k ultrawide for that price

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Ya. I saw that there was a 27" 4K IPS G-Sync monitor announced at CES. It could sway me.....

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

update - http://pcpartpicker.com/user/chuckdickiner/saved/q8rwrH

changed the ram and ssd in order to squeeze the i7 into the budget. heard great things about these ssd's from an enthusiast co-worker. figured if it will be semi-futureproof i7 is the way to go.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

anyone know if this build would also work as a hackitosh with a seperate hard drive?

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Check your components with this handy buyers guide and the best ways to use OS X be it a separate drive or a partitioned one. http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-december-2014.html

An option for you could be a mac Mini using the same monitor with a separate K/M. Unfortunately more $ than you may be willing to spend.

I have played around with the idea making a Hackentosh for years but always find some issues with the idea so I just use a Mini ( flame way boys) along side of the Gaming PC. You can use a KVM switch up to 1080p but at resolutions above that the switches get really expensive.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

just ordered everything but the case fans. second most exciting moment in my life

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks to me like a good solid build. Will we get pics when you're done? :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

absolutely! should be done by the end of next week

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

ill have everything but the mobo and the ssd by the end of today, and those should come on wednesday

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z7gLrH

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube