add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts? Future Proof?

CapSib2015

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CapSib2015/saved/MN6mP6

Built this for the need to be able to game everything...or most things at ultra with 4k compatability. Also want to be able to easily model complex scenes. I've been using Intel for most of my build attempts but AMD is cheaper, but are they better/same or would I be better off dishing the extra money out for the Intel?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ultra at 4k? Forget it. We are two CPU generations away before that happens. Only thing that can come close right now is two 295x2's.

1440 is the sweet spot right now.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Wasnt what I was saying but thats good to know lol. I just want the ability to play at Ultra and have the capability to play in 4k, not do both lol. Starting out i will be using a Vizio 24" 1080p TV as monitor until I decide to upgrade.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube