add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First gaming computer: opinions needed

TheMightyFluffyOne

61 months ago

I've been thinking about doing game reviews and play throughs (like everyone and their dog) so I didn't/don't want the best parts. I just want parts that will let games like WoW and SCII play correctly and I can run recording programs, like frapps or xsplit, in the background. I'd also like to have dual monitors going so I can tell when the recording software inevitable freezes

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheMightyFluffyOne/saved/6kJRsY (Sorry if I'm not suppose to link this I don't know how to put it in correctly)

I've already bought all of the parts there except for the video card. Am I going to need to make any changes to this build
what Peripherals would you suggest I use *will I need a sound card and wifi connector for this?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You already bought the PSU? That's the last thing you buy, now your GPU selection is going to be constricted.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Send it back if you can because you're already at 50% load without a GPU. That's where you want to be AFTER you picked out the GPU.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. I didn't even know I needed a GPU. I didn't see it in the parts list. Actually had to google what that meant just now. So other then to get a better PSU is there anything else wrong with this?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

One thing I didn't think of is if you were just going to run off the integrated video in the CPU where you wouldn't need a discreet card.

Why such a small hard drive? If this is just the simplest of builds try to spend a little more on a cheap 120gb SSD.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going with that hard drive because, to my under standing, you can always add more and it's going to be a while before I get more money. I was just going to add in more when I got more money and, depending of what people said, other things.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube