add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Possibly the best $1000 build?

Prestigebumps1

61 months ago

Over the course of the month I was looking all over the internet to find great parts to make a dream pc for any gamer, at a quite cheap price.

Here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Prestigebumps1/saved/3bMmP6

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

As a gamer I'm not sure this would live up to my dreams.

I would drop it to 8GB of RAM (why 16 for gaming?) and use the money I saved to buy a better processor.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Heres the thing. You can overclock most AMD processors and get at least a .4 ghz difference if done right with the right wattage and cooling. The 16 gigs in optional, but if you play demanding games with other apps open, you'll run out of ram. Never enough of ram honestly. I try to play Advanced warfare with my GTX 760 and 8 gigs of ram but it just doesn't flow right.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Right, but you can do better for that price. This build would perform better at stock speeds, and it can be overclocked like the FX-6350.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube