add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Someone reccomended me this build. Opinions?

Sup3rH3nry

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sup3rH3nry/saved/4PJRsY

This low budget build is for low quality gaming and streaming.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It is okay, but the cpu has only 2 cores, so you won't be able to play some of the recent titles that require 4 cores.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What kind of games? I want to be sure I'm not playing those. I'm pretty sure I won't be playing any games that are too demanding.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it's games like BF3 and 4 on multiplayer maps 64vs64, da inquisition, ac unity, far cry 4, shadow of mordor. Probably most of the aaa games that came out this autumn/winter had an i5/athlon as a minimum requirement. That's why a lot of people recommend to get athlon x4 860k for budget gaming.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

what would be a recommended motherboard for this type of build with the athlon?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

well, it depends. Something like this asus is a pretty good deal. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-a88xme

Edit. The thing with amd though is that you can not go any higher than this cpu. With intel it's easy. You can upgrade up to i7-4790 if you so desire. Amd doesn't change the chipset with new generations like intel does, but it's been a while since athlons arrived.

So the bottom line is, if you want to play games now, get amd. And in the future you will have to get a new more powerful system altogether. If you want to stick with this system and use pentium as placeholder, well, you might not be able to play some new games, but in the long run it will be more money efficient.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, thank you. Any other suggestions, or ways I could save money but still have the same performance?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube