add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 450D - Best Air Cooling Layout?

McCamper

60 months ago

Hey all,

I completed my first build just a few days ago, I'd like to add 2 more fans if possible. I was wondering what is the best layout for fans for the 450D? It comes with 2 140MM front intake fans and 1 120MM exhaust fan at the rear. Would it be best to have them both as exhaust or use one as exhaust at the top and one for intake on the bottom? I have enough room at the bottom by the PSU for an intake.

Thanks.

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

your case has space for

Front: (x2) 140mm INTAKE

Top: (x3) 120mm or (x2) 140mm EXHAUST

Rear: (x1) 120mm EXHAUST

Bottom: (x2) 120mm INTAKE

this would be the way I would configure it as warm air ^

just be sure to filter all intakes, and clean them at least monthly

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm doing a build in that same case soon. My plan is to move the included front intake fans to the top as exhaust, move the included rear exhaust to the bottom as intake and get two new fans for front as intake and rear for exhaust.

http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecache/article_max_width/review/2013-10-07/29-Air-Cooling.jpg

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube