add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Missing some things, please help

gasper501

61 months ago

I putting together a list of the PC I might get for my birthday and I have never build a PC before so could someone tell me if the components are good and i haven't put a PSU in there yet, I don't know which one to get. Also is a cpu cooler necessary? Here is what I have come up with so far, my selections are limited so because I live in the middle of nowhere. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cxGvvK

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's a list I put together for someone recently...same system overall but includes PSU. You only need a CPU cooler if you plan to overclock but that B85 board won't work for that, need Z97. If you're not going to overclock, get an i5-4590 with the MSI H97 gaming board, and leave all else the same.

Note, dropping to 4590/H97 only saves about $40-60 depending on which motherboard you choose. If the price of this list is cool, leave as is even if you don't plan to overclock now

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $146.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $83.62 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial M550 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $89.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $78.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card $348.95 @ B&H
Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case $86.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $76.99 @ SuperBiiz
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer $16.99 @ Directron
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $97.99 @ SuperBiiz
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1227.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-08 12:28 EST-0500
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for fixing this up for me. But I noticed someone mentioning that the barracuda hdds can fail fast and I don't like the fractal design cases, would the nzxt case be able to fit everything in or will this one be necessary? I'm not planing to overclock and the i5-4590 and the h97 aren't in the stores in my country and as I live far away from anything I can't order them via amazon or any other, are there any other boards and processors that would work well with this build? And I wont be able to get the ssd either.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that someone is probably a WD fanboy, LOL. That HDD above has nearly perfect rating here, out of 500+ users but if you're spooked, you can move to a Caviar Blue 1TB for a little less. You can swap the NZXT case back in as long as it's still within your budget. Where are you located? That would be helpful when asking for advice.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I will go for the Barracuda then. I just really like the NZXT case and I really like the Black/green one but it isn't being sold where I live. I live in Slovenia, Mid EU next to Italy

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Let me know if you need any other help finding parts that you can get where you live if the ones above don't work.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, I can't find the z97 or the h97 motherboards and the G.Skill Sniper ram and the psu and the ssd

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That sub is not allowed here. Those keys are sold illegally and break Microsoft ToS.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube