add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1000 build; asking for thoughts

Roguebantha

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YZxLqs

I've been working quite hard on this build for awhile and was wondering what people thought.

The only thing I was truly afraid of was that the processor would bottleneck the GPU a little. I considered upgrading to the 9370 or the 9590, but from the reviews, it sounds like both of those processors generate a massive amount of heat; something I'm not sure I want to risk, especially because I can just OC the 8370 to where I want it.

Do you think that's the right choice? Any suggestions?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with the 8320 or 8350 over the 8370

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Why exactly?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Higher clock speeds and much lower price points. Really all you're getting is the same clocked chip as the 8350 but with less power draw.

IMO it's not worth the extra money

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm that interesting.

Do you think bumping up to a much higher choice such as the 9370 or the 9590 will be too much for the cooling system? And do you think the 8350 will bottleneck the GPU?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

the 8320 wouldnt bottleneck and you can slightly overclock a ghz or so with the hyper 212 evo pretty effectively if need be

If you want to spend a few extra bucks and get the 8350 for the higher clock speed out of the box it could be worth it, that way you don't have to spend anything on and aftermarket cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube