add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Planning to build this... Opinions?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Kingston SSDNow V300: Avoided by many. AnandTech
  • Included thermal compound should suffice for more than one application.
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you recommend instead of it?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Try a Crucial MX100 128gb.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you recommend instead of it?

• For budget a SSD, the Samsung 840 Evo is quite popular. Just make sure the firmware is current. If not just update the firmware before use.
  • If your budget is really tight, although I am not particularly fond of the company, the Crucial M550 128GB is currently listed on sale for $49.99 + FREE s&h.
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I second the Warlock. Samsung 840 EVO is the best price/performance SSD at the moment!

In addition, depending on what you are going to be doing, 2133Hz RAM may be a bit overkill, performance boosts in games is not significant enough to warrant the higher price tag in many people's opinions, and if you must get that set of RAM, make sure to check the clearance for your chosen cooler against the height of the RAM or you will run into physical problems!

I recommend Corsair Vengeance LP 1866Hz 2x8GB RAM if you are mostly going to be using this PC for gaming, if you are doing any professional work (video or audio or w/e else) then what you have chosen will be fine.

Hope it helped, Good luck with the build!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube