add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus x99 Pro or Deluxe?

Richness
  • 65 months ago

I've been looking at these two motherboard and they both fit my need for a build, but I can't seem to find anything "important" that makes the deluxe worth $70 more than the pro.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Deluxe has more USB3 ports, another SATA Express slot (also can be used as 2x SATA3 slots), 2 more SATA cables and a Fan Extension card.

With "modern" two-slot video cards, the Pro can handle only two cards using x16 PCIe3 whereas the Deluxe can do three cards.

The Pro has the M.2 card in a horizontal configuration, good for keeping a low profile, whereas the Deluxe has it pointing vertically (though it comes with a bracket). Seeing as those SSDs get really hot (thought that may not be an issue), having the SSD mounted away from the MB and most likely in the flow-path of a fan may be nice. Also, if very long M.2 SSDs come out, you'd just need a longer bracket.

There's also a difference in the Wi-Fi antenna, but I'm unsure of the differences.

I went with the Deluxe and like it.

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for this. How long have you had the board and do you actually use off the features on it? I've seen some mixed reviews against the deluxe, but I'm not sure.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had the board for about two months now. I use the Wi-Fi, fan extension card, Asus's "Dual Intelligent Processors 5" program to control fans. Only issue I have is with that program on it's "Easy OC" tab; for some reason the text has white boxes over it and I haven't been able to find out a fix. Then again, I really should be doing OC stuff from the BIOS/UEFI...

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

How's the wifi? My router is downstairs in the kitchen while my room is upstairs, on the opposite side of my house.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

It's an older router (~5 years old I think) so that's probably limiting what I can do, and I'm about a room away, so the signal strength isn't being tested either... But it works fine for web browsing.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks for the help. I think I'm going to shell out a little more cash and get the deluxe.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus x99 Deluxe high performance motherboard with a massive feature set like SLI/Crossfire support, AC WIFI, heaps of SATA3 connectors, M.2., overclock features, a cool audio solution, M.2. PCIe compatibility and yeah the means to overclock.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube