add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Modding!

MrCarpet

59 months ago

Okay so a friend of mine dug up one of his OLD pc's, and he was wanting to mod the case because he is building a PC but wants to use his case again and not spend the extra money... I told him not to use this case but he didn't budge... The case is from an old dell optiplex 280 (I think...) So mods like paint, remodeling, etc. Nothing has to be done on the inside from what I can tell...

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably good to disassemble it first. Check if it uses screws instead of rivets.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the replies! the top pannel is held in with rivets, so im thinking take it apart and paint the inside matte black, then the outside orange and black, and maybe get some remodeling done for the front pannel! Ill try to post pics soon

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice!

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok i have that pc in my garage somewhere lemme see...

Found it and its tough plastic. If he wants to just do a normal paint job on the outside then all he needs is to use one of the following to paint the case. I'm sure you can et your hands on one of these and in the color he would like.

Krylon Paint Rust-oleum Paint Valspar Paint

Next to paint the case you need to take off all the parts on the case itself, so the side panels, the front and the top if its like mine. The screws should be in the back and a few rivets that you would need to take everything off. Also take pictures of where you took what otherwise you will have problems reassembling.

You can do a two tone look, three or what he desires and get creative.

Also if he wants to add a side panel then it may cost more.

Hope this helps a bit.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

yup it helps, its an ugly case, so I want to TRY and make it look somewhat decent...

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's what it looks like

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

All right, so turns out its the Dell Dimension 2400, the front is plastic, but the rest is metal and riveted in.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

EDIT I drilled out the rivets holding the side/top panel on and started painting the exterior white, sadly I ran out of paint XD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube