add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

OS install question

jonasbensimon
  • 65 months ago

Hey, This is fairly a quick question. im not sure how to make this clear but long story short i started a rig installed windows 8.1 on my sdd (ialso have hdd) used it for a few weeks, then i decided to change mobo, cpu, gpu, and psu...now my question is; I didnt format or delete anything on these hard drives, i smply disconnected them, so my OS should still be on the SSD, do i just plug and play or is there a step i need to take? maybe because its now a different mobo, and cpu im not sure if it matters.

Thanks!!

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

thnaks for answers

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

...windows 8.1...change mobo, cpu, gpu, and psu...

Operating systems don't take kindly to major hardware changes, especially change of mobo. Clean install is generally recommended.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

So how do you recommend I do that now that I already pulled everything out. I mean the SSD and HDD are meant to work internally

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

There are plenty of tutorials on the net on how to install your operating system. e.g. Microsoft. With that said, I use Windows 7 so others can take over with questions dealing with Win8/8.1

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

got it, thanks! also i wanted to know if maybe you could help me with this, i want to get sleeved cable extensions from newegg.com but i only want the ones that connect straight into mobo and straight into GPU i dont need the ones that connect straight into PSU. You think you can help?

Here is the link, do i just get one of each? http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050002031%2040002820%20600020179&IsNodeId=1&SubCategory=2820&Manufactory=2031&SpeTabStoreType=1

Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jonasbensimon/saved/9zY2FT

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube