add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Last step - choking on case selection, help!

Slanai

59 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XtTHQ7

I have the 500R in there. I'm still torn between whether I should go with that or the Fractal Design R5. I'm more interested in keeping my system running cooler than quieter, and want as much dust/hair/fur filtering in as possible (have a cat).

Help please, so I can start ordering components!

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

To be honest I would pick the Phanteks Enthoo Pro over the Corsair. The biggest problem with the Corsairs is that they limit their dust filtering to the front and bottom of their cases. Leaves them way too open when you have so many grills. The Pro is cheaper and I think a little better designed than the 500R which is getting old. The biggest issue that I've heard on the FD cases is that they have a tendency to be a little flimsy once you get the panels off. So, keep the panels on. :)

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the Enthoo Pro and I love it, so I +1 this.

• 59 months ago
  • 0 points

Between the two listed in topic start, one vote for the Corsair, due to less chance of quality control issues.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

If you had to suggest something else, what would it be?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube