add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Questions

jamesbaylis

59 months ago

I'm new to pc building and have seen in some reviews of this case that it has a fan controller, what exactly is this and how does it/can it connect to my motherboard? Thanks

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

on the side of the case there will be a chip that already has the fans connected to it, and some extra slots for any additional fans. It has a SATA connection and a pin connection. The SATA connector can be connected directly to the PSU, but you won't be able to control the fan speeds and they will just run at max speed all the time. The pin connection can be connected to one of your MOBOs fan slots (typically there is 1 for the CPU fan and 1 for the case fans). This will allow you to control the fans through your BIOS (although at least on my MOBO it just automatically runs them at whatever speed is needed).

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

This is correct, just a note: The Enthoo Pro's controller won't work with normal system fan slots, but only works with a CPU fan connection for some strange reason. A good number of motherboards have two such connection, so this shouldn't be much of an issue, but you might want to make sure you get one with at least two CPU fan connections as, otherwise you will have to plug your CPU into the system fan slot, and Mobos typically control their speeds differently.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

If I don't care about noise, should I simply have my fans setup to my PSU?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are able to then you could. The chip is on the back side of the motherboard plate though so you would have to make sure the PSU SATA connections can reach that far, otherwise you might have to buy an extension or something. It would probably be better to connect it to a CPU fan slot if you have a 2nd one, but if you don't then yea you can just connect it to the PSU directly.

• 59 months ago
  • 0 points

I have the Pro. It is an amazing case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube