add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

corsair k70 vs razer chroma

Thomasbamf7_

59 months ago

Which one ?

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

I can't say anything about the razer but I can tell you I absolutley love my corsair k70 mechanical keyboard!

It's solid as a rock and looks cool.

I game alot so I always weared out the usual suspect keys "wasd"

But with spring backed keys like back in the day, no worries about that.

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

I just bought a K70 for my wife's computer a couple weeks ago, and we both love it. It has the Cherry RED switches with RED Led. I never realized how wonderful the mechanical switches on it are until I typed on it for a few minutes. The more I did, the more I liked it.

The cost is/was $115 at Amazon. And they now have the exact same K70 in stock with the Blue LED, which I'm debating whether or not to buy. Amazon agreed to give me the same price because of some issue, so I can get it for $115, too, for maybe another week.

Let me just address a couple of problems on this model K70 for me. My current keyboard is MS Natural Ergonomic 4000 which has additional buttons that I use ALL THE TIME, that are not on Gaming keyboards. Not the K70 nor the Chroma, nor any other gaming keyboard to my knowledge.

I love the backward and forward buttons at the front of my 4000 keyboard for web browsing. Very handy and I use them a lot. I also have forward and backward buttons on my new Logitech G502 mouse, and use them a lot, too, so that may make replacing the MS 4000 keyboard a little easier, if I do.

The 4000 also has buttons for launching my OUTLOOK Email program, a dedicated button for launching my web browser, and 5 favorite web pages, too. I use all these buttons.

The other problem with the K70's (though not for the RGB) is that there are only 3 brightness settings for the LEDs. Off, low, mid, and bright. Even at low, can be a bit bright. There is no dimmer switch, unfortunately. I think on the RGB model, the Corsair software does allow you to adjust the brightness with "infinite" control.

My 4000 keyboard works great, and is not in need of replacing, but I do love the K70 and I almost hope my 4000 keyboard breaks now while I'm typing this so I will go ahead and get the new K70 with Cherry Red switches and Blue LED. LOL

Lastly, I did go to BestBuy stores and played around with the Chroma and I thought it felt nice. I just was not a fan of the Green LEDs. I played around, too, with Logitech's new G910 and it did not impress me enough to want it.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

k70

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

My two cents: K70 wins. Why?

Better build quality, aluminum (not plastic like the chroma), a nice set of media keys, better RGB customizability rather than being stuck to 4 crappy layouts. You can program whatever you dream on the corsair k70 RGB. Although the Chroma is more vivid, it uses cheap Kailh keys. That is why you should go with the K70 RGB. I have reached the same path as you and actually considered getting one or the other.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I loved Razer gear but had to learn the hard way. Razer gear looks nice but it is over priced junk that you will replace often. I went all out on razer gear. The Black widow keyboard isn't always responsive. The orbweaver keypad leaks glue on your hand and the thumb button breaks fast. The megaladon headset been replaced twice but now out of warranty. Two of the naga side buttons fail. The Deathadder mouse has worked well (the only razer item that works). The Razer customer support will say we care but can't help you, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you... If your going to spend money, don't buy any of Razer's plastic junk. If it's free or you only game 2 hours a week than Razer may last and be right for you.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Biased opinion here, but I love my K70 RGB.

• 59 months ago
  • 0 points

I have a razer chroma and love it so far. My roommate plans on buying one very soon from testing out mine.

• 59 months ago
  • -1 points

I will buy razer chroma for best performance.

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

+1. I much agree with you. But do you know if there will be a K65 in brown switches?

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha. I have no desk so I need K65. I tried the original in a store with Red switches and I loved it, but I hope to try a Brown keyboard sometime. Blues are too loud for me personally.

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

What was the board?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube