add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help Selecting Case Fans

RedOmen

59 months ago

I have the Corsair Air 540 case and it comes with 3 fans (1 exhaust, 2 intake). I was thinking of taking those 2 intake fans and moving them to the top for exhaust. I was then going to either buy either 2x140mm or 3x120mm for the front. I was thinking of getting these fans http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Stall-Bearing-PWM-Cooling-NF-S12A/dp/B00BEZZBFO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1421292555&sr=8-4&keywords=noctua+fans&pebp=1421292560379&peasin=B00BEZZBFO. Would these be good enough or should I get something else? Would I still be creating positive airflow/pressure? I could really use your guys' advice.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah...I don't think so lol. I think those fans might be too much for me. People from that link said they worked well and pushed ALOT of air but they also said it sounded like a vacuum. I don't want my fans to be that loud, I just want to keep my system cool and have positive airflow, or pressure, or whatever that means...

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Postive preasure is where you have more air going in than out.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc3000pwm These also move a lot of air and are quiter.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube