add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU cord goes where?

Europass
  • 63 months ago

So with my computer pretty much fully assembled I'm just doing the power supply cords now and I may or may not be finished since there is one step from my manual that I'm unclear about.

I've connected the 24 pin to my motherboard.

An 8 pin & 6/6+2 pin to my graphic card.

A SATA capble to my harddrive (haven't gotten my SSD yet).

Next it wants me to connect another cord to my motherboard, a 4+4 pin (EPS12V) even though none of my current cables attached to the PSU is labelled that. Is it standard to connect the extra EPS12V to the motherboard or is it only if you have a ton of components?

The only ''standard'' cable left says ''CPU'' on it though I can't seem to find an input labeled ''CPU''. Should I just connect it where the manual wants me to connect the EPS12v?

This is my motherboard http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97prowifiac

Thanks.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, still getting 99.

By resetting CMOS, do you mean switching on the 'clear CMOS' jumper?

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

So I should connect both of the two 4 pin cables hardwired to the PSU saying 'CPU' on them to the top left 8pin connector?

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. The cord is kind of short though so i wonder if it would work if I leave the hardwired 4+4 CPU pin to be and connect the extra cord called 'CPU2'to the 8pin connector insted?

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried it but the computer wouldn't start up. The motherboard is glowing though.

Should I attempt it with the regular cord or do you need to press some button on the motherboard before you can start up the computer normally?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube