add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 or 850

Cruzin13
  • 63 months ago

I know it's overkill for what I have now but in adding an extra 970 sli and a couple extra hdds what should I go for since they are the same price on Newegg?http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cruzin13/saved/w6kzK8

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm thinking the 750 will cut it. The G2, right? If you can find the 850 for like $10 more, then you could go for that, though.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I've built two systems in the past 6 months, both using EVGA's Supernova G2 850, and neither have a Video Card in them yet. I'm convinced it's top notch, and it's always a good thing to have lots of headroom. Your electricity usage will not change even if you installed a 1200 PSU -- your system will only draw what it needs from the PSU.

And there's nothing like having the mental assurance that your system is more than able to handle the SLI mode when you get it.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Sweet then the 850 it is thanx guys

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

PSUs generally work most efficiently at about 50% usage though. A 1200W PSU in a system that maxes at 500W (and normally runs at much lower wattage) would be wasting more than a 750W PSU. Although in either case, the difference is not much and the benefit of having the PSU last longer outweighs that imo.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can find the 850 for like $10 more

I think the G2 850W is the same price as the 750W right now

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Not here in Australia, I just bought the 850w G2 because the 750w is out of stock everywhere, but everyone charges $30 more for the extra watts.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. Buy whatever is in stock.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 is best for you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube