add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Compatibility Issues?? Please help!

TheNotoriousB.E.G.

59 months ago

So I'm in the process of building my first gaming PC. So far, I have the Rosewill Line-M Micro ATX Mini Tower case and a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard. The website says that this build doesn't have any compatibility issues but I'm having a bit of trouble trying to put this together. I don't know where to plug in the case fans into the motherboard. I would give more details but that's all I really know because I'm really new to this. I tried looking into the manuals but it doesn't help me much. Here's the link to the PC build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JN8ZHx

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

on page 5 of your manual

http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-78lmt-usb3_v.4.1_e.pdf

you connect the fan from the cpu cooler to cpufan which is right over the cpu socket

and connect another fan on SYSfan which is next to the atx 24 connector

Don't connect more than two on sysfan as you shouldn't go over 1 amp on the headers, other fans you connect to the PSU, or fan controller if you want to control their speed.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Where is the PSU located or the fan controller? I don't see it.

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

the psu is the power supply. You would need to buy a fan controller but just connect all remaining fans to the power supply.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube