add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case for OPTIMAL temps

JAR1337

59 months ago

Backlog skip if you don't care:

So we bought an alienware x51 a few years back before I had started to build PCs. It was doing fine until about a year go it started acting up, it wouldn't wake from sleep was sluggish and wouldn't respond, etc. I tried all kinds of things to see as to why it was acting weird (this is not my personal daily driver btw). What I finally figured out was that it seemed to be thermal throttling, at idle it reaches 51 Celsius, I don't have a clue how hot it gets under load (kinda scared to find out tbh), I guess it doesn't help that the PC is stuck off in a desk cabinet.

What I want to know:

Is what would be the best case for airflow/temps for a mini itx board, case doesn't have to be small case just able to accept mini itx board. That will be shoved off in a desk cabinet. I would prefer something that can accept a couple of 200 mm fans for optimal airflow. BTW I don't care about noise that much.

I would prefer if it was under $50

Thanks in advance

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube