add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommend a PSU for this build?

HyperactiveSloth
  • 63 months ago

I've changed my mind on the PSU for this so many times that I've managed to just confuse myself. Also, when checking the PSUs in the budget to see where they fall in the "Tier lists" I have some trouble figuring out which series they are in or if they are even included in the lists. At this point I just get a headache when I try to pick one. lol

I need one for this build... http://pcpartpicker.com/user/HyperactiveSloth/saved/nT9ypg

It needs to be at least semi-modular (preferably with just the necessary cables being hard-wired) and it would be nice to be in the $40-$60 range.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

The SeaSonic you have listed is one of the best 80+ Bronze certified PSU's on the market, with more than enough wattage to handle your current build. If you wanted to go higher, EVGA's G2 PSU's work very well.

Such as EVGA's 750G2 80+ Gold: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

*It is pricier, and not necessarily any better for your situation, but with plenty of room to expand. Of note, if you go this route GET THE G2, the NEX is a previous revision.

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I added that PSU in after this topic was made. I chose that one based partly on suggestions from Talby below combined with research I had already done.

When I posted this topic I had changed the PSU in that build so many times that I just left it blank and said, "HELP!" lol

Thanks to both you and Talby for helping me buy more confidently... once I actually get to buying it all.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I hadn't used that site that you linked before, but I just did now to check and it comes up about the same as this site's built in calculator does.

• 63 months ago
  • 0 points

I always run a 750 or high so I have room for upgrades the corsair cs750m is what i'm currently using and it is semi i like it alot you don't need that much power and can go lower but then you may need to purchase a newer if you upgrade like your video. my video card is the MSI R9 290X and I don't have any problems with power consumption.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for your suggestions. You've been a huge help. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube