add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Air flow in a Coolermaster HAF X need help!!!!

Gravor

78 months ago

Let me say I know my system will work either way and I'm a dual engineering major at the University of South Carolina so I can't see why this wouldn't work and I think it would be better than the factory set up to be honest. This is what will be in the system it is all purchased and once built I will post pictures of my completed build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bHuz

It is my belief that instead of having the two 200mm fans on the top blow out since the radiator is mounted at the top that it would be better to have them blow in and have the fans on the radiator itself speed up that cooled air and send it down onto the video card and gpu. I know you want positive pressure in your case and if I Pulled form the front, top and side then had a 120mm fan to speed up the air from the front through it or even pulled out from the side as well as the back I believe that would create a current of air circulating in the system that would be cooled by the radiator. There is also and additional 80mm slim fan in the build that fits into the card support which will blow directly onto the cards. Please give me your thoughts on this proposed configuration I have sent a diagram to a mechanical engineer and a aeronautical engineer but input from someone knowledgeable in computers would help.

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

So what exactly do you need help with vis a vis the airflow in the case?

Here's my comments on the build:

• i7 is not needed for gaming, but assuming this build is also for CAD it will come in handy
  • Don't need thermal paste, comes preapplied on h100i
  • 16GB of RAM isn't needed for gaming and whatnot, but for CAD it will definitely come in handy (first hand experience)
  • SSD is relatively old, get a Samsung 840 Pro
  • The HAF X has superb airflow right out of the box, no need for all those extra fans.
  • Unless you're doing SLI, no need for a 750W PSU
  • For CAD I almost always use two monitors, one for the actual program and one more for reference/specs, or maybe just email. It's really handy to have a second one.
  • That keyboard is outdated, get the razer blackwidow 2013 ultimate

If this build is for engineering stuff only, perhaps get xeons and a quadro to use as a GPGPU. Seems like it's for gaming also though, in which case an i7 will work nicely.

EDIT: formatting

EDIT2: Sorry for spotty grammar, just got done with a very long day

--EDIT3: What engineering program are you in? Looking at school now...--

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I am a dual major in Chemical and Electrical engineering on track to get a PE in Electrical Engineering as far as programs go it widely depends on state and what type of engineering you are interested in and the system does have to use chem cad and I will get that second monitor before school starts back.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube