add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which is more silent?

misterolion

59 months ago

I'm looking for a generally silent or low noise case. I have narrowed it down to the NZXT H440 and the Bitfenix Ghost, but don't know which one would be better.

I'll be using a Dark Rock Pro 3 for the CPU cooler, but would change it if necessary.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Answer: Both.

A case is, by nature, 100% silent. Neither the H440 nor the Ghost makes any noise, its their fans that make noise.

I've always liked the NZXT case fans I've used, but I've never owned a Bitfenix case, so I know nothing about their fans.

Put 40USD at the problem and buy some non-loud fans. Pro-tip?: Don't put regular fans in front of drivebays, radiators, etc. Use Static Pressure optimized fans and this will reduce the 'whooosh' factor a little.

IMHO

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I got what you mean. I was going to replace all the stock case fans with some noiseblocker 120mm fans.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

it seems to me that the H440 has more fan slots, although a vast majority of them are up against HDD trays or mesh that will increase the noise a bit. The ghost has a bit less ability for fan #'s, but has a more stream-lines air path and (in my opinion) may have better airflow.

In the end, I think these two cases are a tossup when it comes to air-cooling quietly, so the fans you choose will make all the difference. Pick your case based on your other metrics first because these two are so close together.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube