add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which Microcenter mobo for 8320?

paca0502
  • 65 months ago

I finally made the decision to go with AMD instead of Intel, now I need to pick a mobo from this list: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/22f8b1e9#/22f8b1e9/34

I don't know much about motherboards, other than that the higher the number, the newer it generally is :). Picking the 8320 over an i5 has given me a bit more breathing room in the budget, but I would like to stay under $80 if possible.

I won't be OC'ing at first but might in the future, I plan on getting the 212 evo.

Aesthetically blue or white would be a plus, but black or red wouldn't put something out of the running if it was a clear winner in other ways.

Here is the rest of my build so far, disregard current CPU/MOBO picks: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/paca0502/saved/sBdgXL

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with the cheapest 990FX chipset if I were you, and the Gigabyte UD3 fits your budget (albeit, after rebate). It's not the prettiest board, but it has the right chipset for overclocking and has better overall quality compared to 970 chipset. If you are fine with the small risks with overclocking and only one PCIe x16 expansion slot, then the ASUS M5A97 (970 chipset, ATX, not mATX version) is a decent choice and fits your color scheme.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube