add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stupid Question

matcontra
  • 62 months ago

Trying to buy a PS Unit for an upcoming build and I've been eying the EVGA Supernova 1000W G1 over the G2 solely because I'm going for a black and white color scheme and the G2 comes with a few red colored cables.

My question is: What's the difference between the EVGA Supernova G1 and G2 series, anyhow?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

the G1 is a tier 3 and the newer G2 is tier 1 (the best). The G2 has a 10 year warranty while the G1 only 5 years. In conclusion the G2 is far superior...

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

The G2 unit is far superior made by the best in the business SUPER FLOWER.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

There's no red cables with the G2. Unless you buy them if you want. I'm not sure where you are shopping but the current EVGA units in that range are the GS1050W and the PS1000. Anything else is old stock.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube