add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Carbide 540 dust help!!

I_am_really_a_pancake

59 months ago

I was originally gonna get a Zalman Z9 U3 but it's not got the greatest reviews. So I'm thinking about the Carbide 540. But apparently there are holes at the bottom of the case and people complain that the top lacks a dust filter. What dust filters would fit on the bottom and top? Also, I'm confused. Why do people complain about the top dust filter? Surely if you had a dust filter on top then dust would get stuck inside the case considering it's an exhaust! Lastly, does any owners of this case have problems with noise?

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

this is a great case... just get the filters you need on intake fans, if you're worried about noise get noctua fans or silent fans.

http://www.demcifilter.com/c198/Air-540.aspx

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm gonna be replacing all the fans with these. Apparently they are fairly quiet. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cougar-case-fan-cfd14hbb Also, I looked at them filters. But I wasn't sure which ones to go with. There's a bottom dust filter and 'rear' bottom dust filter... Why?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

yep eventhough I have no experience with cougar, I think they are good and using 140mm is a great idea as it will move more air at less rpms translating to a more silent fan. Yep they made holes on the bottom (without fan mounts) I guess to help with ventilation. You will get dust no matter if its you have positive or negative airflow in the case. Positive airflow will be less dust but honestly my destop case has negative airflow and I just clean it monthly... The case comes with a front filter, after you build it just check the filters you need, I would just buy the ones intaking air and the ones intaking more dust, probably the ones on the bottom.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, I've already decided on this case. Might be a little bit more noisy than other cases but the airflow looks great. And the case looks awesome. I think I've figured out what filters I'll need. The front already comes with a filter as you said so I will just need a filter for the bottom for the ventilation holes. And my top/rear is exhaust so I won't need filters (am I right?). I might get a PSU intake filter aswell.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

yep, no filters for exhaust fans.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

alright thanks a lot man :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube