add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Antec VSP 5000

JoeDaStudd

58 months ago

Hi,

I was looking for a new case and stumbled upon the Antec VSP 5000 at Scan.co.uk. The only review I can find is in Polish and I can't even see it on the Antec website.

It looks roomy enough for the R280 I was planning and apart from top mounted fans it looks pretty much what I'm after.

Anyone got one or heard anything more about this case?

EDIT So I gave it a punt for £38 with next day delivery.

Quick preview review (still finalising the rest of the build)

Style

• Looks pretty good, they top panel is interesting and the front while bland doesn't pretend to be anything its not.
  • However it is pretty much all plastic on the front and top so has an aura of cheap about it.

Quality/Finish

• Picking up the case it feels very light, which in my old school thinking instantly makes me think cheap.
  • The thumb screws on the back seem to have a slight issue with threading and a few required a screw driver to cut/loosen the thread. Seem ok are a few uses.
  • Internally the white screws for the 5.25" pays look very out of place
  • Surprisingly the feature I was worried about (2 fan roof with optional cover) is actually very solidly build. The fans easily changeable, but I'll have to test them first before I go swapping them out.
  • The padding leaves a lot to be desired, from the images it looks like its going to be 5 to 10mm, but in reality its closer to 1 to 2mm.
  • The top panel is a strange it doesn't look/feel quality, but at the same time doesn't jump out as cheap.
  • The 2.5" SSD back is a nice touch

Overall

• It's OK but not amazing in any noticeable way, for sub £40 can't really complain.
  • Fairly roomy and looks like it should good air flow with good noise reduction for the price.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.
I already bought the case and it arrived last night (free next day delivery)

It's an interesting case, but the quality is lacking and shows how Antec let go of the market.
I'll update the made post with a quick review.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube