58 months ago
It looks roomy enough for the R280 I was planning and apart from top mounted fans it looks pretty much what I'm after.
Anyone got one or heard anything more about this case?
EDIT So I gave it a punt for £38 with next day delivery.
Quick preview review (still finalising the rest of the build)
- Looks pretty good, they top panel is interesting and the front while bland doesn't pretend to be anything its not.
- However it is pretty much all plastic on the front and top so has an aura of cheap about it.
- Picking up the case it feels very light, which in my old school thinking instantly makes me think cheap.
- The thumb screws on the back seem to have a slight issue with threading and a few required a screw driver to cut/loosen the thread. Seem ok are a few uses.
- Internally the white screws for the 5.25" pays look very out of place
- Surprisingly the feature I was worried about (2 fan roof with optional cover) is actually very solidly build. The fans easily changeable, but I'll have to test them first before I go swapping them out.
- The padding leaves a lot to be desired, from the images it looks like its going to be 5 to 10mm, but in reality its closer to 1 to 2mm.
- The top panel is a strange it doesn't look/feel quality, but at the same time doesn't jump out as cheap.
- The 2.5" SSD back is a nice touch
- It's OK but not amazing in any noticeable way, for sub £40 can't really complain.
- Fairly roomy and looks like it should good air flow with good noise reduction for the price.