add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can i run both 32 bit and 64 bit

Pankow4
  • 64 months ago

I am fairly new to PC gaming. (well at least pc gaming on a good computer). i recently built a computer that can handle most games and their highest quality settings with no frame rate issues but the problem is that i play league of legends which is only available on the 32 bit system of windows. However i would also like to play games on a dolphin emulator which only is supported on the 64 bit system of windows. Is there anyway for me to be able to switch in between them when i boot up. I have a ssd and hdd so i figured it would be possible if i saved 1 operating system on 1 and one on the other and when I boot up i could just select what storage device gets read first. Not sure if this idea would work or not, or even if there is a better way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. =D

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

64 bit windows is backwards compatible with 32 bit programs, hence it having a program file called (x86). Edit: from microsoft page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi,

You'll be using the Custom (advanced) option during installation so you can choose the right drive. Everything after that is a normal install. When installation is complete you'll see a Windows Boot Manager screen with two options.

Really all you need to do is go ahead and install Win 7/8 64bit on the D: drive.

Also make sure you have enough space in it..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube