add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any Power Supply Recommendations?

InGruntsWeTrust
  • 62 months ago

Hello. This is my second post about a power supply. So earlier today, I got my last two parts for my PC and began to build it. I was watching Newegg's video on constructing a PC and got to the part of the vid where the guy was going to test the setup by plugging in the PSU and it's connectors. My power supply (Hand-me-down from 2004) doesn't have the correct 8-pin PCI-E to power the graphics card and doesn't have the right connectors for a few other components.

Anyway, I am now looking to get a new power supply and would like some recommendations. I'll leave a link to my build for reference. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/InGruntsWeTrust/saved/Qz3dnQ

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Get at least a 650w evga, antec, seasonic, bequiet, or another top end unit. Your looking at $60-100 depending on model and sale prices. Power supplies go on sale alot. You can get awesome deals

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Evga G2 series are very good but its around $100 currently or antec current high gamer which is around $60 currently, both are tier one psu's. I can recommend other ones if those are too expensive for you.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the recommendations. Price isn't the biggest deal I guess. I just want to make sure they work well. I'll check out what you recommended.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

State budget and any preferences.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll go slightly over $100 at the max.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Generally, semi-modular power supplies costs more than those with fixed connectors and the higher the efficiency, the higher the costs.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'll go with the Seasonic S12II 620 bronze for this one. I believe it's semi-modular. I just watched a few videos on it and they said it's SM. Looks good though. Thanks!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately, the S12II series is not semi-modular. It is the discontinued M12II series which is semi-modular. If you prefer Seasonic brand, they have Seasonic SSR-650RM which is semi-modular but it costs more. The RM cost more since it contains more expensive components, design and 80+ Gold certified instead of just Bronze.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah. My mistake. I'm perfectly fine with a non-modular PSU. I can just manage the extra cables accordingly.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

case - Cooler Master HAF 912 power supply-Corsair AX760

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Already got a case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133132

It's a bit older but it's a good case.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I made a decision as of last night (2/8/15). I am going with the Antec HCG-620M that Warlock recommended. Thank you all for the help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube