add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASUS Maximus VII Formula or ASRock Extreme9

JTShadow
  • 64 months ago

I'm looking into both these boards, I was originally set on the Formula but saw if I get the Extreme9 instead I should be able to run the Ultra M.2 and SLI GTX970's at 16x each if I'm correct. Any advice? If I go with the Extreme9 then I'll be grabbing a Samsung SSD to make sure I can make the most of it, but is it even worth it right now? It's my first time building a PC since my 386/sx and things have changed just a "bit" ;) Thanks for any help. If you want feel free to look at any of my saved parts list and comment with any of your wisdom, I will be reading and I do appreciate every bit of knowledge shared.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube