add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ATX , Micro, Mini

bcain13
  • 64 months ago

What are the trade off's of going with mini or micro atx?

I am planning a living room build so want to go as small as i can but would still like to have the option to SLI down the road and dont want to worry about heat in such a small space.

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

if you want to sli and go small then micro-atx is your best option. Mini-itx will be smaller but you will have no SLI. There are several small cases for micro-atx boards.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

For SLI, Micro is the best option, hands down.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

So other than size, the micro will preform as well as a full size bored, just have feweer options to expand?

I will still be able to upgrade CPU down the road?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with the others, but if you plan to use a Mini-ITX card like this then maybe a Mini-ITX wouldn't be too bad. It still might be cramped though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube