add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A Mios 500 Power Supply?

TheGhostMan
  • 62 months ago

I've managed to salvage the PSU from an old PC that I found a week ago along with an old ATI AMD video card and one memory stick of DDR2 1GB. Is the PSU safe to use on newer PCs or even some older pre-2010 ones like my Acer Aspire M1201?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I never heard of the brand, I wouldn't take the risk, its not worth it when you can a brand new one for only $30.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. I've read an article about unknown and/or bland brands of PSUs and most of them tend to fail easily, even on low end systems with budget end GPUs under 250 watts of the 400 or even 500 watts. I'd probably dump the Mios PSU sometime soon.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

All the circuit performance are depend on power supply. So i won't go with old power supply.It's taking high risk.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest, I don't trust the salvaged PSU and if I install it to replace the previous one, it might destroy my Acer Aspire.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube