add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CM Hyper 212 EVO Install

Morgan314

79 months ago

Building my PC tomorrow, what is the best way to install this? My case has a cut out for attaching a cooler backplate, however should I install the CPU/Cooler onto the MB outside the case or once the motherboard is installed with standoffs? -Morgan314

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 3 points

I would suggest to put the cooler after, so that you have move space placing the mobo's screws first, and its less heavy when you first put it.

• 79 months ago
  • 3 points

Build everything except the gpu and ood.

place the case on the side.

lift it slightly and hold the backplate in place

screw in lighly

set down the case

screw all the way

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

im a noob..what is a standoff..also just curious, what case and chip do you have and are you planning on OCing?..i will be installing one of these soon as well

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube