add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case and fan placement.

griffscavern

60 months ago

OK here it goes. The case I have is this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/raidmax-case-atx001wbti

My question is. I have room for plenty of fans. 1 200mm fan (supplied) on the front. 1 140mm back of case top section. Space for 2 140mm, 2 120mm or 1 200mm in the very top of the case. Where a water cooler radiator could mount as well. Not going with that option though. There is also 2 slots in the side panel for 2 120mm fans. There is also one on the bottom of the case that isn't listed in the specs. I will have my PSU mounted with the intake either down or up into the case. It sits on the bottom rear of the case. I also will have a strix gtx970 with its own fans inside the case and a cooler master hyper 212 evo cooler with its own fan.

I want to use all of the top and rear facing slots for exhaust and the front, bottom and side for intakes. Will the pressure inside my case be negative or positive? I know that what I am planning may be a bit overkill, but I want to make sure that the dust intake is to a minimum. So I want the air pressure inside the case to be exhausted as well as cooled. Any ideas? Will my plan for this setup be too much intake?

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Back 10 years ago when I built my first and only build. I didn't know about exhaust and intake protocol. Had all fans on intake. Wow was that computer dusty. Surprised it lasted. Lol.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 60 months ago
  • 1 point

The front fan can only be 200 mm. No other screw layout. In all the setup I described would have 4 fans intake. 1 front, 2 side over the GPU and cpu and 1 bottom. Unless i turn the psu intake down which would suck cool air through the PSU, but have no effect on the intake into the case. The only thing I see with PSU up is it will suck hot air from case through PSU, but would still exhaust the hot air from the case from the gpu. 3 exhaust (1 140mm rear back towards the top 2 120 or 140mm or 1 200mm in the very top). Unless I turn the PSU fan up inside the case. Then it would be 4. The vent for the PSU on the bottom of the case does have a filter. So does the other vent on the bottom for the 120mm fan.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I read the 20 cm wrong. Thought it said 120. Damn my quick reading and so so eyesight. :)

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and I do have an after market cooler. Its not top down, but it can have 2 fans for push pull action. It's the Cooler Master hyper 212 Evo. It should do the trick.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube