add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Arc Midi R2 Fan Placement

Dave36

58 months ago

Hi,

I am going to build my new desktop and I bought a Fractal Design Arc Mid R2 and it comes with 3 pre-installed case fans indicated by the red arrows in the picture (a front intake and two exhaust at the top rear, one vertical and one horizontal): Click here for the picture. I will remove the drive bays that are circled in green, therefore improving air flow. I am going to use a EVGA Supernova G2 750W 80+ Gold as a PSU. Here is the question: do you think that by putting the PSU with the fan facing up there will be too much negative pressure in the case? I mean if I put it face up there will only be one intake (at the front) and 3 exhausts (the two fan cases plus PSU). While if I put it with the fan facing down, it will not influence the internal flow of the case, leaving only with 1 intake and 2 exhaust. Are there any drawbacks in putting the PSU fan face down? (There ARE dust filters on the case). Is it better to have an extreme negative pressure or smaller negative pressure?

Thank you!

Dave36

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was thinking negative is better but after reading a bit more deeper I actually think now negative is better. But how would you place the fans and the PSU in my case?

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Where should I mount the fans and the PSU inside my case in order to achieve good flow and positive pressure? For example two front intakes and a rear exhaust with PSU fan facing up or same thing with PSU facing down.. Or front intake, top intake and rear exhaust etc

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube