add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Guys. I have a WEIRD problem.......

domeylp
  • 64 months ago

I have 3 HDD's/SSD in my System.

One is a Samsung 840Pro 128G for my OS Another is a Seagate Barracuda 3tb as storage. And the 1TB Barracuda, which was used for my OS before the SSD

There is a OS installed on the SSD and the 1TB Barracuda, but as the System boots up WITHOUT the 1Tb Barracuda Plugged in, it says, that theres no OS on my SSD.

When PLUGGED IN, it shows me 2 windows 7, which i can choose from (1HDD,1SSD), which are both bootable.....WTF?!!!?!??!

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 2 points
  • During the Windows 7 installation, you should have kept only the SSD and the optical drive connected.
  • You can try restoring the Windows 7 MBR, click HERE. Again, remember to have only the SSD and the optical drive connected during the procedure.
  • 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Completely Random Guess: The MBR/GPT boot blocks are set up on the HDD, but not on either of the SSDs. The BIOS loads the boot info off the HDD, which contains pointers to the other drive(s). But when you pull the HDD out, you also pull out the boot info and there's nothing left for the BIOS to work with.

It's probably possible to write a bootloader and updated boot info to the SSDs without disturbing the partition tables, but that would be a research project...

[comment deleted]
  • 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Forgot to add, the MBR on the Seagate may need to be repaired separately as well. Decide on how you want the system to multi-boot, if that is your intention. Wikipedia: Master boot record

• 64 months ago
  • 0 points

I have no fudging clue try uninstalling windows from the hdd and the ssd than reinstall it on the ssd

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube