add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

S340 case fans doing weird things to by computer.

WDParsell

58 months ago

Built my comp, then I was scared about what was happening while it was in the case. If the psu was plugged in and the switch in the back turned on then my case fans would twitch, my headset would rapidly make the turning of sound, and my led mouse would blink. These things happend in sync about once every second, but if i unplugged power, turned off surge protector, or flipped the PSU switch it would stop. I started trouble shooting and I started by unplugging the molex based case fans, and voila. Now when my computer is off no fan twitching, my headset stays powered, and so does my led mouse. Now I don't have case fans, but atm that is not an issue.

So how can I get my case fans back online. Are they broken? Are my PSU molex plugs broken? Is it the connection? I've never seen a 2-pin molex before. Is the solution to buy new fans, or can i still use these? What was even going on?

Thanks.

Edit: yay for typos.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Idk man... I have the s340 with the case fans that came with it and they are doing fine... If anything happens to my setup I'll report back. Thats strange though!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube