add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
osmanmoh

51 months ago

Would love some feedback on my first ever build. I did some research and this is what i came down to. I plan on gaming and doing video editing lets not forget overclocking. I also plan on running 3 monitors (nivida surround/ eyefinity ).

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/osmanmoh/saved/Pp3j4D

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Any particular reason for going with the Reference model?

Semi-major issue: The GPU you have has 3 DP ports, 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. Your monitors have VGA, HDMI and DVI. You may want to look into DisplayPort equipped monitors to simplify things. Maybe this monitor: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umqb6aa001

Other than that, looks nice.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Huh? You are confusing me lol

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

The Graphics Card (GPU) you got can connect to 3x DisplayPort (DP) cables, 1x HDMI cable and 1x DVI cable. Your monitors can accept either an HDMI cable, a DVI cable or a VGA cable.

As such, you will need either an adapter for DP to HDMI or DVI, or you should look into monitors that come with DP ports. Or just use two monitors.

Edit: You may have meant the "Reference" model question. Looks like that isn't the exact reference model but an adapted one. I was just going off the type of cooling on it.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok i see what you mean, yeah im going to reconsider my monitor choice, i chose 3 monitors to be able to multitask, what do you think about the graphics card with the mobo? Good combo?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The GPU model is pretty much top of the line. There are better, but they also cost more... The GPU variation is pretty good. Again, there are some "better" ones for more money...

Motherboard is on the higher price of Z97 boards and looks to be geared towards sound quality... There are some cheaper boards out there that should work fine.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

This motherboard is geared towards sound quality? ?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Get a Cool Master Nepton 240M, its better cooler.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there a performance chart showing its better?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh man, that just got real. Also, try looking at the HP ENVY 32 monitor, it's big enough you will only need it.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a big fan of the bezel monster

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I picked that particular case because i liked the way it looks. As for the fans, i was thinking about getting ones with led for bling but i also wanted quitness and besides i heard manufacturers fans suck. Thanks for the reply and i will look into that monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube