add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3

p41n
  • 64 months ago

My newly built computer won't boot and it might be because there is no graphics to make it to POST. I don't have a dedicated graphics card installed. I can't work out from the manufacturer's website whether this [Onboard Graphics Integrated Graphics Processor - Intel® HD Graphics support: 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz or 2560x1600@60Hz * Support for HDMI 1.4a version. Maximum shared memory of 512MB] is referring to only the fact that it supports the integrated graphics on intel processors and doesn't have integrated graphics on the board. If so, i'll buy a cheap GPU to get up and running.

So I need to know from someone: Does the Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 motherboard have integrated graphics???

I'm praying that this is the problem my f*kn pc won't start

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

On PPP it is listed as having support for an integrated GPU on the CPU, not as having one of its own. As for the manufacturer website - I got the same impression - you need to have a GPU on your CPU. However, as far as I know, unless it's a Xeon, all mainstream haswell CPUs have a GPU.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Your Intel CPU should have integrated graphics, not the board, but that should work just fine. Which CPU do you have? Are you sure you have all your power connectors correctly installed? Is your RAM seated correctly?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I've got the pentium g3258 and i've checked all connections. I think as a default setting in the bios the mobo uses the pci-e graphics card and the connection is just shorting when it can't get a signal.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Computer finally turned on for more than a nano second, reconnected 8-pin cpu and it worked, it seemed in better the first time. Now the problem I have is that 1 fan is stuck at 1300RPM and it's a 3-pin.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube