add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

above average case designed for cooling?

Droidriven

58 months ago

I need a case designed for cooling that gives me drive space and supports a custom loop up to h220x and suggestions of additional fans and their placements. I'm going to be using the 4790k and I will be extreme OCing so I'm looking for a good above average setup for cooling, I'm not trying to cut any corners, I'm building the entire system around the fact that I'll be OCing the CPU and RAM as much as possible so I want to keep the entire systems total heat down, not just the CPU. I'm not doing any gaming or video with this system so I won't have that hardware taking space or impeding air flow so I need suggestions on additional fans and where would be best to place them in the case suggested and whether they should be intake or exhaust, I would prefer that the intakes be filtered also. I'm open to any suggestions aimed at maximum cooling available. I'm going to be putting the CPU under a good bit if stress intentionally and haswell likes to run very warm when OC'd, I aim to keep that down as much as possible, ignore costs and give suggestions that would give me the cooling I'm looking for.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Enthoo Pro is a good case that can support a custom loop.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Full tower cases

NZXT, Inwin, Corsair, Cooler Master.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

If your budget will allow it you could go all out and get a Corsair 900D but if you can't afford that the Phantek Enthoo Pro is good.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Full tower case will match for your build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube