add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Thefan630
  • 64 months ago

I currently have 8Gb of RAM on my system. Due to personal and performance issues I'm getting another stick of 8GB for my birthday :) but before I can get that one soon, I want to make sure of one thing; Will it work?

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) OEM, which from my knowledge binds itself with the motherboard for ever. This means if I change the motherboard I pretty much **** everything up. But will adding more RAM to the system do the same?

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 2 points

...OEM, which from my knowledge binds itself with the motherboard for ever.

Correct.

But will adding more RAM to the system do the same?

No. If there are any issues, it will simply be due to incompatibility due to hardware design.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks. And yes, if something goes wrong, Hardware to blame.

I also know Home Premium supports maximum 16Gb but it will last for a good while

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Hopefully it will work as said can try with that.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube