add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO will do just fine... Right?

SimplyJen

59 months ago

The only thing that will be overclocked is the video card. I am not overclocking anything else. I am not adding in extra cards. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W9mXWZ

Will I really need to water cool this build or can I just stick to air cooling? I'm not going with water cooling because this is my first build. It looks like something I would have a hard time keeping up with.. Let alone putting it together. My plan is to buy a crap ton of fans. This case seems just fine for that even though it's perfect for water cooling.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

No OC? Ever? Might be able to just use the Stock cooler and not even bother with the Hyper 212. (Though, the lack of OC brings up other questions, like "Why get the unlocked CPU and Z97 MB?"...)

If you may want to OC later on, get the Hyper 212. At this budget, it's a cheap, effective cooler that can keep your temps lower than stock.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Not until I feel like I know what I'm doing. To tell you the truth I had no clue the CPU is unlocked. A few people here suggested going for the z97. The motherboard I got is overkill and I know that but it comes with things that I will use.. Also, had a really hard time finding a motherboard without such horrible reviews.

Everything on that list is already ordered. 80% of it is sitting next to me in a box waiting for the rest of it.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are not going to overclock the PC then water cooler is not required.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a Hyper 212 Evo on my OC'd 4690K, so it'd be fine for a stock 4790K. The included stock cooler with also work, but the Hyper 212 Evo will do better under heavy loads and if you ever decide to overclock. I wasn't planning on overclocking, but I ended up doing it anyway, so I'm glad I got a cooler.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the hyper 212 and overclock your K chip. No sense in not using the 30% gains.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube