add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan placement for SLI setup.

TheNetromancer

78 months ago

I was curious if anyone could offer any advice, I am moving my computer into a Fractal Define R4 to reduce noise. I'm curious if its possible to leave the top closed and only exhaust out the back of the case, the intakes would be at the front and side. I'm thinking that since both GPU's vent out the back of the case I should have enough air flow, but I'm not sure.

So my question is if anyone has tried a similar setup and if it has worked? Or if anyone has advice on my fan placement I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

if you want to reduce noise then keep your current case get a cheap watercooler like a corsair h60 and get some low noise fans instead of the stock fans

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought about that but I already have the R4 case, it was from a build that never happened. I had used an R4 on another build and really liked how the computer all came together so I figured I would use the extra one I have for my self.

I figure that with the R4 it should silence the CPU cooler, and since I already have the case and extra fans its cheaper then buying a new CPU cooler.

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

ok thats understandable what cpu cooler is it?

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 78 months ago
  • 2 points

ok do you have 2 fans on it? do you have the stock fans?

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya I have the 2 stock Cooler Master fans. Are there 92mm fans that are quieter you would recommend?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube