add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phantom 240 Case and fan placement

scaledirtslinger

58 months ago

I am needing help on the placement of fans once I get them in. My build is here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6s3KdC I have everything on order and it is on its way. I just got the case today and was looking and trying to figure out fan placement. I was going to put two 140mm fans as intake at the top and keep the two fans that come with the case as they are. But I was wondering if I should put another intake fan in the bottom? Also if I did would that not pull in the hot air that the power supply is blowing out? I have seen people do this but the logic way seems that it will just bring heat in. Can someone give their expertise on the best fan placement for air flow in the system I am building?

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Would the bottom fan not pull the hot air in from the power supply fan that is blowing out?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

no, the power supply would intake cold air from the bottom and exhaust through the rear so it will be completely separate but it has to be installed with the fan facing down. If you add another fan in the bottom it will be intaking cold air from the bottom..

Configure fans just as Geese pointed out (front and bottom as intake) and (top and rear as exhaust).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube