add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Size

KennyJr

58 months ago

Any particular way to measure a case? want to get a new graphics card and wants to see if my case is big enough.

Thanks

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Pcpartpicker should have that feature. It compares said gfx card length to the case's supported gfx card length. You could always measure the length from your case's pci-e expansion slots to the hdd cages and compare it to said gfx card length.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Will your motherboard fit in the case? Will the video card fit in the motherboard in this same case.

The manufacture will give you dimensions for your case. Same for your motherboard and video card. So when you decide which part you are interested in, that is where you check to see if the parts do in fact fit.

When I built my recent system, I double check that everything was exactly the way I expected. I didn't want any surprises.

You don't want to buy the part before you do some checking around if everything will fit inside your case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube