add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So many case to choose from! D:

-Ryder-

58 months ago

Hello!

It seems to have found myself in a bit of a pickle here. I am looking for a small form factor case to base my system off of. I have a few questions and concerns and I was hoping you guys could help me out as I have only built a few computers and still have much to learn. I am going to base this one off of a GTX 970 and i7/Xeon as I do a lot of gaming and rendering, and the GTX 970 is affordable and is essential in getting the most out of my soon to be Nvidia Shield Tablet. However, if I get a full size case, I would like to go AMD due to their affordability and I would like to expand my knowledge of both AMD and Intel as I would like to think I am unbiased. I am really trying to keep water cooling in mind and if possible, I would like a triple rad if I decide on the full sized case. My budget is tops $1000. The cases I have in mind, as well as my questions and concerns are as follows:

SilverStone RVZ01: I really love the small form factor and the fact that it has that morbid and dark appeal, kinda reminds of Edgar Allan Poe especially since the name is the Raven. Does the plastic feel cheap? Can you fit an H60 or H100i in it? Has anyone used this and can tell me their input? I already have a power supply, so this would make me need to buy a new one.

NZXT H440: I like the window and PSU cover, but the really tall window looks a tad tacky. How silent is it? It's bigger than I would like (see above). Would a triple rad fit in there? My power supply is only 500W, so I don't think I could power an AMD CPU and a GTX 970.

Fractal Design Node 804: I love this cube design and the fact that you can fit an H100i in there. The window will allow me to add some sort of lighting which is a plus. How quiet is it? Does the plastic feel cheap?

And lastly, be quiet! Silent Base 800: It is bigger than I would like, however I feel like I could make an exception due to the silence factor and it is overall aesthetically pleasing. I've heard it scratches easily, is this true? What are the watercooling options? I would much rather get a small case, so would this be worth the compromise?

I understand that you guys may not be able to answer each of my questions, so please just leave what you can. I dearly appreciate each comment, answer, or even any criticism.

Are there any other cases you would recommend? I would rather spend less than $100.

Thanks so very much and have an amazing day (or night depending on your location). :D

-Ryder

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I just check and your psu is almost too small for a GTX 970, you would only have around 20 watts left when the system is under heavy load and the xeon is locked so there is no point in gett a H100i and you can get a Cool Master Nepton 240M, the H100i is a jet engine compared to it. I would also get a GTX 780 Ti, it has a ton more cuda cores than a GTX 970, nearly double, and it is more powerful than it. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1072?vs=1355

There is no way you could get a H100i in a SilverStone RVZ01 and I would look into getting a Phantek Enthoo Pro

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks bud. I already havean H100i so I was hoping this would fit.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube