add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake Core V71 and Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm compatibility issues?

OccamAsylum

58 months ago

I haven't been able to find much information regarding these fans compatibility with this case. After installing 3 of these 200mm fans onto my case I discovered that I can't put the top or front back onto the case because the frames cover the holes. I spent a lot of time struggling to figure out how to mount them in the first place and I'm at a loss as to what to do about it. I'm upset that I spent extra on these fans. I assume going with Thermaltake brand case fans would've saved me this headache. This is my first build, so if anyone has any information I would appreciate it. Maybe I just installed them incorrectly, but I can't imagine that's the case. There are only so many screw holes to utilize.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the v71 case also. You wont be able to fit 2-200mm fans on the top. If trying to replace the (1) thermaltake 200mm on top, you do have 3 mounting holes for each BitFenix corners. Are you having issue due to the thickness of your BitFenix? I found a review here that a user stated the BitFenix 200mm is thicker than the thermaltake 200mm.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Br6ImT7VWRkJ:www.amazon.com/BitFenix-BFF-LPRO-20025B-RP-Spectre-200mm-Case/product-reviews/B007OWPM8W+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Actually the 200mm Thermalthake on the top and front rotate at a slower speed and move some air. They are very quiet.

Thinking out loud here...........what if you mounted them on top? It wont look slick tho :( If they are in fact thicker, I don't think you can use them without cutting out the top of your case, and you don't want to do that on a new system

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I have two 200mm mounted on top....

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I was wrong, stand corrected :)

didn't have a second 200mm to check it out

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I know the specs, but my issue lies with this particular case fan and the way it fits on my case. The frames are vastly different compared to Thermaltake 200mm case fans and it appears to be a pretty substantial problem.

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I will have to try that. Thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube